Seattle boot sellers?

Are there any retail options for high end mtn. boots in the Seattle area besides Feathered Friends? I'm not from the area but may be up there in the next few weeks. Would like to make the rounds and try on various options - from Baruntse to Spantik to Phantom 6000 for doubles (and whatever else I can find) as well as Batura and Phantom Guides for singles.

So far I haven't found anyone that stocks much - everything is ordered as needed. Tried Marmot Mtn Works - their selection is nil.

thanks much.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pro mountain sports? give them a call.

also give alpine ascents a call. It is a guide service but they have a retail store. Never been in it but worth a try.

same goes for the american alpine institute but they are in bellingham.

Edited by genepires

Hey, I know that this may not work for you, but many of those boots ARE carried by Backcountry.com. If you have the funds, estimate the size and order one or more pairs of boots you want to try. Their return policy is almost as good as REI (return stocking fee of $6 - SIX DOLLARS).

I bought my Baruntse boots from Backcountry. Tried them out on a very long 14 day adventure, then sent them back for $6, got a larger pair, went to a boot fitter for extra comfort and now I have a perfect pair of expedition boots.

With a credit card, you can accomplish anything.

Other than that, the Whittaker Cartel in Ashford does indeed carry many of those boots - however, I'd bet if you make a size mistake, you're gonna be hosed.

Marmot's selection is not bad, but not great.

If you're looking high end - you can't ignore the reviews all over Dane's blog: http://coldthistle.blogspot.com - most valuable boot reviews ever.

Edited by CaleHoopes