Public Service Announcement: Camp Lejuene

ZimZam

Toxic Water

More Info

For anyone here who was ever stationed at Lejuene w/ or w/o dependents, MSNBC (10PM EST) will be airing an award winning documentary on the USMC's cover-up of contaminated water, and the health issues of this contamination. If you were there, I recommend that you enlighten yourself about this travesty for your family's sake and your own. Carry on.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the military guys i've known(including my own Deep Army brothers and fathers) have been some of the biggest whiners about the epa i've met - connection?
How soon they forget.

2451753959.jpg

that's what the old man says his cancer came from...

Edited by ivan

the military guys i've known(including my own Deep Army brothers and fathers) have been some of the biggest whiners about the epa i've met - connection?
How soon they forget.

2451753959.jpg

that's what the old man says his cancer came from...

Ivan: Sorry to hear that about the Colonel. I have numerous friends that have suffered from the effects of dioxin, from debilitating diseases, to their children having birth defects. My own family has dealt with the govt's. inability to be open with the things my father handled during his career in the AF. I have a very ill brother, a deceased sister, and another sister with neurological issues. I only put this out there to alert fellow Jarheads that may be unaware. I know this is in spray and it's fair game but I didn't know where else to put it. I appreciate you guys not flaming the shit out of it. Thanks.

I did not serve at Lejuene but sure was thinking about the guys I knew that did serve there back in the early '70's as I watched the show last night. Really admire MSGT Ensminger's tireless work to expose this.

I was not surprised in the least at the Marine Corps' response. But, really, we knew it was a dangerous gig when we signed up didn't we? In my case I didn't think dangers would include ineptitude/criminal behavior by officers and senior enlisted folks. I learned that after I got in...

Served my three years, and all of my uniforms and personal military gear went in the base dumpster at the gate when I left and I never looked back.

d