Gear Development

mtngeek

So I've been stuck inside for the last two months spending a ridiculous about of time on school work (actually more like a year). I am in an Industrial/Product design program. We have a big review where 30+ students get cut down to 12 in June, so that has put the fear of God in all of us. Anyway I hope to pursue outdoor gear in the future. I have posted a lot of my projects and renderings on my blog. I figured some of you other gear heads out there might enjoy browsing.

Cheers!

Kirk

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, my hand renderings are ok, I haven't had that much practice. They changed perspective and rendering 2 to a junior class, so they only teach grayscale marker renderings for a few weeks right at the end of fall quarter, and the rest is mostly line drawings. Bummer to be #14, but looks like your doing just fine if this is your site? http://nickhallphotography.com/ veryyyyy nice images.

Thanks for the support!

Jason, just curious what your doing instead?

Arunas is the man, he and Jason compliment each other very well, such different styles and skills, its like yin and yang. Very cool.

Thanks all for the support! The work and time so far required has been pretty ridiculous, but I think its also really rewarding and enjoyable to be creating things from scratch with your hands. Its crazy to look back and see many pieces of work we've done in the last two months it feels like its been ages. I hope things go well in June!

Sorry why the link doesn't seem to work for some navigators, I've been to it with Mozilla, Chrome and Internet Explorer and never had a problem, but if anyone has suggestions let me know.

I just added the most recent project, a backcountry ski and climbing one piece suit out of Tyvek, I think it came out pretty good, blending form and function is always difficult so a little bit of function was sacrificed for fashion, but in general that's not how I like to work.

Cheers!

I finished my degree in Industrial Technology (VRI) the same year that Dr. Seal retired and am still living in the area and working as an engineer down in Skagit Valley. I have a handful of friends who have very fun looking jobs as industrial designers that make me jealous. One of my friends has a firm in Seattle called SuperBigCreative that has worked on a lot of interesting projects.