Headed up for my first BC Ice adventure

JDCH

Hello!

I am headed up to BC this weekend to find some ice. I have never been up there before, and I am headed up with the girlfriend who prefers WI3 and close proximity to Vancouver so we can make it back for dinner in town. Does anyone who knows the area have any suggestions inside of 90 minutes from Vancouver?

thanks in advance!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that one will put me in the dog house... maybe I won't tell her how far it is!

Is there anything closer but harder? Maybe I could pose it as a long drive, OR hard climb..

West coast ice is certainly more of an adventure to find than it is in NH, but that's half the fun!

It was +10C in Lillooet for much of this week. It's +6 there right now. Latest report said Rambles was quite wet...

Also Rambles is 3.5 to 4 hrs drive from Vancouver.

If you are looking for a WI3 near Vancouver that is in, Pan Dome at Mt Baker is probably the closest option that is guaranteed in this weekend.

You could also try The Office on Blackcomb Mtn, has a WI3 and WI5 in shape by current reports, then you can go for dinner in Whistler.

Not much around Whistler - as mentioned head up toward The Rambles, there is some good moderate stuff around Lillooet. Cache Creek is a fairly easy drive - I haven't been that way for awhile but it had some good places to stay and good food. Cheers!