Mt Forist, Berlin, NH

denalidave

So, I find myself in Berlin, NH on a wind turbine project for the next month or three and I just rented an apartment at the base of Mt Forist. Who's got the beta on any climbing on those sweet looking slabs? I hope they dry out enough to embrace some stone here. Better have my rack & shoes shipped out ASAP. Thanks in advance for the beta!

Mt_Forist.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer less than an hour from North Conway with Cathedral Ledge and Whitehorse. I was there a couple weeks ago for the first time and had a great time, plenty of stuff to keep you busy whether you want steep cracks or more slab. Likely there are routes on Forist as well, lots of old school stuff tucked away in that State but you'll have to find the local beta. The Kancamagus highway had some cool stuff off it as well a bit farther south.

Off topic, perhaps, but yesterday I traded e-mails with someone from the Randolph Mountain Club, which maintains huts on Mt. Adams, just down the valley from Berlin. The old classic (mouse-infested) huts I remember from my youth are gone, but it looks like they have some really great facilities. Before the snow flies it'd be worth a hike up King's Ravine or Castellated Ridge.

• 3 weeks later...