Si Sighting

vegetablebelay

So yesterday afternoon I was coming down from a nice hike of Mt. Si in the rain. I was about a quarter mile from the parking lot when I came across three people headed up the trail. I said hi, and one of them asked me if I knew where World Wall and some other places were - "you know, climbing". [Eek!] I thought for a moment I was on some hidden camera program, but I noticed the rock shoes hanging around their necks and the sincerity of their inquiry so I gave them the beta that after they backtracked their way to their car, they'd have to drive back two and half miles to the parking area for LITTLE SI! [laf] Silly sporto's. [Razz]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty funny.

For those who haven't been there recently, the trail head that begins down the residential street is closed. Instead drive past the old parking lot about 1/4 mile and park in the big new lot on the left side of the road.

The new trail head adds about 1/2-1 mile to the hike. Hopefully it will scare some of the people away.

quote:

Originally posted by horsecock:

better bring some extra horescock for the long hike!

ARE YOU INSANE???!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT CARRY HORSECOCK OR ANY OTHER SALTED, CURED MEATS IN THE VICINITY OF THE MT. SI MASSIF!! THERE'S COUGARS ON THAT THAR HILL!!!!

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by Doug:

So does thi mean that they "Pink Pointed" Mt. Si trail? WHOOOPS! Thread Creep!!!! Maybe they were looking for a place to do some "Brown * Pointing", nudge nudge, wink wink!
[Eek!]

Dude your not try'in to start shit are you? [Roll Eyes]

I like that [big Grin] but be carefull what goes around comes around, I have been on the reciveing end and you don't want to go there.

Spray on dude [big Drink]

[/qb]

Dude your not try'in to start shit are you? [Roll Eyes]

I like that [big Grin]

If I was trying to start shit, these guys would have been TNF Sponsored Climbers lost on their way to the Muir Hut (not to worry, they did have a cell phone and plenty of HC) where they planned on indulging in copious quantities of da kine prior to going out and grid bolting every conceivable rock on every mountain in the Pacific North West.

I was just trying to get caught up on the latest jargon and it's proper usage.

[geek]

They musta been on there way to presure wash,jack hammer, grid bolt the hay stack. [Eek!]

Than they would stick clip, pink point all the routes in there ability and anything left would have holds installed by glue'in chip'in or just bolted on,than they would brown point them [laf]

Isn't that what the Tradies claim the sporto,s do [Wink] RAD or TRAD it's all vertical and it's all climbing [big Drink]