• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Helium cams?

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

It looks like I'll be able to pro deal them- but I most likely won't do it till the end of summer or so.

I will say that Mikey nailed his earlier complaints about the DMM Cams right on the head. Especially the extendable slings. So first person to see some WC, post up. I'm drooling, but really don't need more gear as you know:-)

Helium cams?

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

It looks like I'll be able to pro deal them- but I most likely won't do it till the end of summer or so.

I will say that Mikey nailed his earlier complaints about the DMM Cams right on the head. Especially the extendable slings. So first person to see some WC, post up. I'm drooling, but really don't need more gear as you know:-)

Why didn't he like the Dragons? I've been using them and actually really like them. I think the extendable sling is actually pretty awesome on granite. Generally, I place cams with at least a quick draw because I hate it when they walk out of the spot I stuck them, but with the extendable slings on straightish lines, it's no longer necessary. It's a pretty significant gear/cluster/weight savings. I also don't aid, so the lack of a thumb loop doesn't matter.

Oh, and sorry, I haven't played with the heliums yet. I liked the old wild country cams better than the old camalots, but I like the new DMMs better than the new camalots or the old wild country flex friends. The single axle cams tend to walk more than the double axle units.

Edited by boadman