Conditions of Culchuck lake area

hobson

I was wondering if anyone has been up to the Culchuck lake area recently and has any info on the conditions? I am in from Colorado and was planning on doing the Culchuck N. Buttress coulior route and Dragontail Triple Couliors next week.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by hobson

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

while I have not been up there recently, the n butt of colchuck should be fine. Beware though that that first half of the route faces east so it gets early sun. If it is warm, then you run the risk of snow sloughing down the gulley so stay out of the obvious snow slough troughs. The second half faces north so it way stay "fluffy".

no idea about triple C. The ice pitches may have fallen down with the warm temps this last weekend.

Edited by genepires

Hey,

I climbed TC last weekend and NBC the weekend before. Both are in great condition. The runnels were in pretty good shape (we did them in about 2pitches).

NBC was good snow all the way to the top.

We topped out at about 8am on TC and shortly after that I believe it would have been warmer than I would feel comfortable with. So I think a really early start would be best.

Edited by ian_delaney