Something on the lighter side: Coca Cola

Lucky Larry

Not that I drink it anymore but heres something about equality, sort of; Andy Warhol: What's great about this country is that America started the tradition where the richest consumers buy essentially the same things as the poorest..... All the cokes are the same and all the cokes are good. Liz Taylor knows it, the President knows it, the bum knows it, and you know it.

:moondance:

Not that I have ever been there but I guess you can even by it on the Everest Trek.Hee Haw :pagetop:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I have ever been there but I guess you can even by it on the Everest Trek.Hee Haw :pagetop:

And Mars bars!

Coke is available everywhere on the planet pretty much - plastic coke bottles are now the defacto gasoline/cooking oil/whatever else storage container in the 3rd world it seems

Hugh, you gotta love how the stuff we throw away is made useful most everywhere else. I saw a funnel made from a plastic bottle in Nicaragua; brilliant, for a dull bulb like me-- never buy a funnel again.

It truly is amazing what gets thrown out because contractors can't afford to pick it back up, truck it, store it, then move it again--just cheaper to throw it out. wah wah

You can tell how far you are from Siem Reap in Cambodia by the % of gas bottles that are Johnny Walker in the road side stands, the closer you are the more there are (they pack better)

as an aside, interesting transformation in India from historic, more eco-friendly fastfood packaging - clay cups and banana leaves - to modern plastic disposable ones. The plastic ones don't degrade so quick on the side of the railline