Question: Climber Partners - Resume

Gaucho Argentino

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing climbing resumes in the last few years for partners who want to guide with great success. I do the professionally in the business world too, and have a format people seem to really like. There's also a real simple "digital" resume I put together that lets you insert pics and video.

Let me know if you want to know more....

If you're planning on finding partners on CC.com, just post trip reports and chat with people. Either way, most people will want to do something mellow with a total stranger before taking on a big objective, so I'm not sure it actually matters that much.

If you're planning on finding partners on CC.com, just post trip reports and chat with people. Either way, most people will want to do something mellow with a total stranger before taking on a big objective, so I'm not sure it actually matters that much.

:tup:

I've been doing climbing resumes in the last few years for partners who want to guide with great success. I do the professionally in the business world too, and have a format people seem to really like. There's also a real simple "digital" resume I put together that lets you insert pics and video.

Let me know if you want to know more....

You're an idiot.

Hi...

Steve: thanks, Buddy, but I know how to write a resume. My question was more directed to those that run the site, if there was a particular site where to post it, because I could not find it.

If it does not exist, then as Rob said, it will be difficult for me to meet people willing to do more challenging climbs. Is like the chicken and the egg, you can not post TRs for people to know you if you do not have climber friends to go climbing...

Cheers,

GA

GA... Finding good partners can be a tough one, however I have met and climbed with a few people from this site and it always works out..

What I would do... The next time you want to go climbing pick a mellow objective and post-up in the partners forum something like this:

"Looking to get out this weekend, thinking somewhere sunny on the East Side. Can lead 5.9 sport, 5.8 trad but will gladly belay you on harder projects. Have car and rack, can leave Friday PM."

No resume needed, once you tie in you can swap war stories and plan out some bigger trips. When you do these bigger trips, post a TR for us to enjoy.

-Nate

or just hang out at a gym and meet the regulars. I started out doing volunteer belaying at birthday parties in exchange for membership. Great way to get to know the regulars and meet partners. I've also begged for partners on this board and met some good ones, but the gym is more reliable as you meet them in person. Internet dating can be somewhat iffy, good resume or not.

Substantial trip reports are a good indicator of a climber with some integrity. But I see your problem: chicken and the egg.

I see... Forget about the "resume", then, and although I hate to sit in front of the computer, will post my older trips, this should help.

The gym is cool, and I am going there, but can not get to know people doing things a little more difficult willing to take me, until I have more experience with harder stuff, that I can not get because can not find the partners that want to go with me (egg and chicken).

Thanks to all, do not want this thread to be longer than necessary, I appreciate the responses and hope to see you out there,

Cheers,

GA