• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisRSeattle

Wide Mountaineering Boots

SOrry if this has been asked before. I have size 10 EE and need a mountaineering boot. Any suggestions are welcome (I know I should take up scuba diving because i don't need fins)

Scarpas tend to fit wide feet better than La Sportiva. That's all I can say.

hobbits go climbing.

leather boots tend to stretch in width. Might involve getting as close as possible with a leather, dealing with the pain for months till it stretches out and then babying those boots till you die.

I've also got an EE 10.5 street size. I'm wearing an 11 in Lowa boots with a good fit. My old Vasques were narrow in the front forefoot area.

I have pretty wide feet and my pair of Raichle boots feel great. I believe that Raichle was bought out by Mammut, so I don't know if the sizing has changed at all.

I have a 8, six E, so I feel your pain. When I used to mountain climb, I bought a pair of Raichle steel shank boots and had the REI clerk stretch them sideways on his machine. They were leather back then, but they opened up very nicely, sideways. The plastic ones now should "punch out" also, if you have a knowledgeable salesperson.

If you drift into rock climbing, with that foot, you should be fine getting wide rock shoes, but for my flipper feet, I had to get creative:

http://www.websterart.com/html/wide_rock_climbing_shoe.html