• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rocketparrotlet

Frozen toes

Coldfinger, "The wrong fit in the right boot is just as bad or worse than the wrong boot."

Too true. I am gimped (more times than I would like to admit to) again from trying to 'make' the wrong fit in the right boot. A real Do'h. BTW it only took a couple, or less, miles. Not so Lucky, or smart.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to take this into consideration.

When I bought the boots, I planned to use them for scrambling, I wasn't into climbing yet. They work great for that! But I'm now set up to buy a pair of plastics next time I'm in Leavenworth, so that should be a big help. I'll also get to use my old Salewa crampons that are more designed for ice climbing and see if they are any better than G-12s.

I'm getting really spoiled by these little babies:

http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/

They aren't cheap, but they are the best. I have two of them, and keep them in my pockets when winter climbing, or in my mittens when skiing. They run 24+ hours on a full tank of lighter fluid. They are so hot you have to keep them in their little wool sleeves or they will burn your skin. They seem to warm up the whole body when kept in pants pockets. They've been around since before world war 1. The chemical packs are lame in comparison.

I'm getting really spoiled by these little babies:

http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/

They aren't cheap,...

There's a similar product (and not too expensive...$10?) that runs on little bricks of charcoal like material. I don't think they burn nearly as long, but way cheaper...

ga_solid_fuel_handwarmer.JPG