[TR] Prusik Peak - Stanley-Burgner 10/13/2010

Captain panther

Trip: Prusik Peak - Stanley-Burgner

Date: 10/13/2010

Trip Report:

My buddy Spencer and I went up for my first trip into the Enchantments to climb the Stanley-Burgner on Prusik's south side. I'd had the the climb in mind for about a year so it was awesome to finally get out and make it happen! Just a note about Asgaard Pass, if youve never been up there before go left and follow the mega-cairns, as we went right and got to do some fun mixed rock/ice scrambling. Other than that the temps are fuckin awesome for climbing right now so get out and send!. This routes is amazing and by far my favorite in leavenworth to date, that last move on the last pitch is wild. I'd just like to say summitpost.org is on crack too, you can rap off that thing with a single rope no problem

PA132397.JPGPA132400.JPGPA132398.JPGPA132384.JPG

Gear Notes:

we took doubles in c4's from .3 to 3 and one number 4. one 70m rope and a set of nuts. We felt really good with this amount of gear combining pitches 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.

Approach Notes:

from stuart lake th to just below prusik pass took us 4.5 hours at a brisk pace, then about 30 min in the morning to the base of the climb.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic