Bicycle commuter head light query

chirp

Getting dialed for night commuting and single track trips and I am in a quandary.

The classic Niterider MiNewt 200 is pretty cheap now but perhaps a better version is on the way.

nitqrsd2.jpg

However I like the posted specs for the Light & Motion Stella 300 which is obviously more powerful and pricey.

ligqrqz2.jpg

Anyone have a thought either way?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That rubber elastic band on the Light & Motion broke on me after about 1 or two weeks. Its solid unless you take it on and off a lot, then the rubber will tear and then the light is useless. You have to REALLY cinch it on tight to keep it from moving when you hit bumps, and that stresses the holes in the rubber.

Poor design, good light other than that.

Thanks for all the input!

Good info on the Stella about the rubber, I was lusting for it but not as much now :)

Also I am busy checking out the other recommendations currently!

Jim, that cordless unit looks nice but is it huge? I guess compared to the other attached battery packs it probably is just the same.

The attachments look bomber tho.

Jim, that cordless unit looks nice but is it huge? I guess compared to the other attached battery packs it probably is just the same.

The attachments look bomber tho.

Not at all! The front of the unit is the same size as the front of the older MiNewt. The thing is small and light 150g for the 150 and 190g for the 250 model. Here is a photo from the side showing the HB clamp, gives a bit better idea of size:

LT9410.jpg