Stone Rodeo

JosephH

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if anyone does have a problem with me rebolting Stone Rodeo then speak up an explain exactly and specifically what your objection is.

Fine, you asked. I have a problem, so I'm asking you not to touch it until Kenny has had a chance to lead it with the bolts that are existing there, to decide if they are OK or not.

Please. Do not touch it till he OK's it. I'm not joking or kidding.

StoneRodeoBolt.jpg

Kenny, I can belay you on it Saturday. What say? Then you can tell JH next Monday to leave it be in it's original wahhh. BTW, no falls this time cause I don't know about these old fuckers. OK? no falls. Really.

You all know what the pup said when he wiped his butt with sandpaper?

"RUFF"

Hope that contributes to the sandpaper discussion.

funny thing is, joseph was right, there is 20 grit sand paper. I WAS MISTAKEN.

RUFF RUFF :)

If its not to late, my two cents are:

1. If the FFA added the bolts, leave them.

2. If the FFA team gave their blessings to have bolts added after their FFA, leave them.

3. If neither 1. nor 2. is the case, chop the extras and don't replace. That meets my definition of re-bolting.

We do know it was either McGown or Foster depending on the date and both those ascents were done with the single high bolt. The additional lower two bolts were added after the FFA. Apparently know one knows by who. They were already in place by the time Olson did it according to him.

I think it's safe to say that those 2 bolts are there in lieu of the 2 really large nuts that you'd need otherwise.

I can't believe you guys are giving the man such a hard time about replacing a couple manky/rusty old bolts with new ones. All FA ambiguity aside, just replacing the existing ticking time-bombs is hardly an ethical issue - the only way it will alter anyone else's experience is that the new bolts should be a little less likely to catastrophically fail on the next person to fall on them...

Anyone done the route that goes up the most amazing looking dihedral at Beacon? It starts directly above the Windsurfer anchors and soars upwards? It has some weeds in it and some pins and looks wild and very long and overhanging near the top.

sounds like yer talking about this'un:

beacon1_Large_.JPG

that's fresh squeeze - did a tr w/ plenty of fine swear words but not too many cuss'n pictures a few years back: http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=836352

would be happy to repeat it w/ you 8-ball, should you need a partner - if you want to free it, should start by tr'ing it (or eating a lot of fuckign wheaties) as leading it is really asking to die as the pro is shit for a long time and a fall will put you into the column top - also, the upper pitch looks good, but needs a hedge-clipper and probably a chisel to release from its vegatation-captation - the anchor at that point is kinda crap as i recall too, but it's not too hard to traverse into big ledge from there

the anchor at that point is kinda crap as i recall too,

You mean JH missed an anchor? Say it an't so.

seem to recall it's a beacon hybrid anchor - a bolt and a pin - think i didn't have a knife and couldn't cut out the old mank that was through the pin