Apple Cup

hikerwa

Four alumni were climbing a mountain one day. Each was from a different Northwest School, and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans at their alma mater. As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all. They continued to argue all the way up the mountain, and finally, as they reached the top, the OSU Beaver hurled himself off the mountain, shouting "This is for OSU!" as he fell to his doom. Not wanting to be out done, the UO Duck threw himself off the mountain, proclaiming "This is for U of O!". Seeing this, the Cougar walked over and shouted "This is for WAZZU!", and threw the Husky off the side of the mountain.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy hears a knock on his door and goes to open it. On his front door is a snail that says "Hey buddy listen up..." and he grabs it and hurls it out into traffic. 6 months later there is another knock on the door. He opens it and the snail says "What did you do that for? I was just trying to tell you your car headlights were on!" rolleyes.gif" border="0

You Might Be a Coug Fan If..

You think the stock market has a fence around it.

You've ever used a toilet seat as a picture frame.

Your home has more miles on it than your car.

You hammer bottle caps into the frame of your front door to make it look nice.

You give your dad a gallon of Pepto-Bismol for his birthday.

You consider a six-pack and a bug-zapper high-quality entertainment.

You've ever been kicked out of the zoo for heckling the monkeys.

The taillight covers of your car are made of tape.

Your bumper is held up with duct tape.

You've ever bathed with flea and tick soap.

Your wife has ever said, "Come move this transmission so I can take a bath!"

Your wedding was held in the delivery room.

The antenna on your truck is a danger to low flying airplanes.

Your primary source of income is the pawn shop.

You've ever barbecued Spam on the grill.

Your brother-in-law is your uncle.

You go to the family reunion to pick up women.

None of your shirts cover your stomach.

I've never seen the EWE-dub ever make so many excuses like they did after meeting the BEEVs. I spent 6 or 7 of the best years of my life as a Coug, and I'm pretty sure that I had a good time there. BTW I'll take a cold Milwaukie's Best and a box of hostess powdered donuts any day over wine and brie!!!

quote:

Originally posted by hikerwa:[QB] I spent 6 or 7 of the best years of my life as a Coug, and I'm pretty sure that I had a good time there. QB]

Yeah with that WSU diploma your life is pretty much in the toilet, then, huh?

Wow. Seven years is a long time, Bluto!

better enjoy this season, it'll be another four years or so before Price's recruits get their 1.4 grade average up to standards so they can transfer in from central Wyoming junior college A+T and play their obligatory one year of Cougar football before moving on to that managerial job at Burger King- and THAT's when the BIG bucks start rollin' in!

Just remember, you're only as good as your last Apple Cup. 51-3 baby.

I'd like to know how many of you die hard huskies are graduates of UW or the usual Central grads that couldn't get in to Huskiville because you spent too much time smokin out at the muir hut during highschool.

At least cougar fans ARE cougars, not dawg wannabes.

Dr. E-

BSCE 1992.

You're right on one thing- why would anyone who didn't live for years in social exile in Pullman choose to align themselves with that place?

I thought all the pot smoking central grads who couldn't get into huskiville WERE Cougars...?

W- Cool, but don't tell me you don't know the folks I'm talking about. Chances are, most of the people at the Apple Cup watching parties tomorrow did not graduate from UW. btw, i have a degree from both schools so I kinda go both ways. I just get annoyed by bandwagon jumpers. I hear the PLU team is doing well this year and they have a big game tomorrow against Whitworth.

Wouldn't have expected a guy with "W" as online moniker to not have gone there though. Nice early grab.

yeah, I know the type. i'm not complaining, mind you, cause most of them are on our side! I will concede that Cougar fans are pretty loyal. You'd have to be with one pac 10 title in 63 years.

Btw, W is my last initial...it wasn't until shortly after I did that when I realized that I had assumed the moniker of a certain public official who I don't like much. But let's not go there. [Wazzup]

still if you live here and like football don't you think watching the huskies is more fun than rooting for the City University 7 man touch team? wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
What size are those Apple Cups? C, D, DD?? Got any pictures?
wink.gif" border="0

Yeah, sounds like a real mean spirited contest...at least the Orygun/Beaver matchup sounds good, the civil war. But, since they both suck and the Ducks are arguably the most overrated team inn football I'll be watching a little different contest. I'll be watching the dawgs (GA) getting spanked by my alma-mater Ga Tech. I predict 370 yds passing from Godsey.

actually the apple cup really is friendly compared to some others; A few years ago some UCLA students set fire to the Trojan statue in front of the coliseum. And I liked it when the Army stole the Navy's goat and wouldn't give it back for awhile. Anyway remember the post game riot at Cal after the Big Game? The Cal student section crossed the field and charged the Stanford Band, it was fuckin' chaos!i actually haven't been to a husky game in many many years- but i'll be there tomorrow courtesy of my older brother, who hasn't let the college years die yet. it ought to be some fun in any case... [big Drink] here;s to you hikerwa

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: W ]

z, yeah, with the wind. However, once a coug always a coug and that degree came first. better undergrad education at WSU than UW. Better grad education at UW. You may have heard of me referred to by my psuedonym "Prince of the Palouse." But now, I am the artist formerly known as Prince of the Palouse. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Actually I don't watch much football. Believe life is to be lived, not watched. I'll likely go for a run or something during the game as it is too wet to climb or anything better. In lieu of living, reading stupid internet bulletin boards will do.

dru dude, what is up with that interjection? you been spending too much time in the hut at muir? I mean, if you must say something, at least make it germane to the topic.

> CONTACT INFO. ON NEED-TO-KNOW BASIS

> November 14, 2001

> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

> URGENT CONCERNS DELAY HUSKY FOOTBALL PRACTICE

> SEATTLE, Wash. -  Husky football practice was delayed this morning for

> nearly two hours. One of the players, whose name is not being released due

> to the nature of the situation, reported while on the way to the locker

> room, he happened to look down and noticed a suspicious looking, unknown

> white powdery substance on the practice field.

> Washington Head Coach Rick Neuheisel immediately suspended practice while

> the FBI was called in to investigate.

> After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white

> substance unknown to the players was actually the GOAL LINE.  Practice

> resumed when the FBI Special Agents decided that the team was not likely

> to encounter the substance again.