[TR] Three O'Clock Rock - Revolver, The Rash 6/23/2010

Otto

Trip: Three O'Clock Rock - Revolver, The Rash

Date: 6/23/2010

Climb: Three O'Clock Rock, Revolver, The Rash

Trip Report:

Yale and I took off yesterday and went up to Darrington on that fine and cloudy day. I tried to do the fifth pitch of Revolver but failed. We rapped off, went over and did The Rash.

Yale at the start of Revolver's approach pitch. Got wrench?

dscn0598r.jpg

On the second pitch

dscn0603r.jpg

Yale on the fourth pitch

dscn0609r.jpg

Cool features up here

dscn0610r.jpg

Yale pulling the overlap directly as there is a wet streak blocking the way around to the next bolt

dscn0614r.jpg

He floated it

dscn0620r.jpg

Yale led the first pitch of The Rash with its cool flakes. Otto got the amazing Rash

dscn0626r.jpg

dscn0628r.jpg

Then we did Dirt Circus, more on that later. We saw only one other party, on Luke. Another fine day on Darrington granite.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rad rash. looks cool.

5th pitch of revolver is tricky.

i took a good 20 ft whipper (if it is possible to whip on slab) off the bolt under the overlap because i went right when i should have gone left.

did you go back to both routes to finish replacing bolts or where you out for fun?

so, i'm curious if y'all did the first pitch of the Rash, or Bees Kiss Butterflies? Matt P. & I were up there last weekend, looked at both, and decided that BKB was a better looking start. Pretty runout, but easy. Some creaky, wobbly flakes...just don't pull out. Also, as easy as the climbing is on the actual Rash pitch is, it is somewhat freaky climbing 70 ft. or so to the first bolt. Fun times.

cheers

jimbo

We did the first pitch of Flies 'n Bees, as recommended in Rattle & Slime. Fun pitch; those flakes seem solid to me.

Sloth, you say you whipped "off the bolt under the overlap" - is that like the second bolt on the pitch, the one with some old back-off slings attached?