• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BDE on Sale?

http://www.google.com/finance?q=bde

Just waiting for a name change scheduled in August.

Not sure how Yahoo Finance comes up with their targets, so its probably just crap...But they are giving BDE a 1 year target of $26 a share, now its at 6.50.

Should we be buying this instead of new gear right now? :nurd:

I'd forget about that 1 year target, total bullshit. here's my quick look take on it:

"Clarus Corporation (Clarus) was formerly a provider of e-commerce business solutions. In December 2002, the Company completed the sale of substantially all its business assets. The Company is seeking to redeploy its cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities to improve stockholder value and are seeking, analyzing and evaluating acquisition and merger candidates. As of December 31, 2009, the Company did not generate any revenues from its business operations".

SO....

Current total Cash Per Share (mrq): $4.64 (and no debt). So you are giving them $6.50 and getting $4.64 in value and blue sky. How much is the blue sky worth to you? What was BD and Gregory making in profits per share? If it's $2 and over and you think they'll maintain or increase sales and profits, then it's a buy based on value, otherwise it's greater fool theory, which is fine too.

Frankly, they might do great, I'll consider it - but I don't trust Kanders to not find a way to stuff it down the shareholders throats.