Would you buy this racking biner?

Dane

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a 14 year old BD design originally. Expensive then (retail was $9.00) and way ahead of their time in a number of ways. I would have thought more would have survived from the original 300 made. My guess is they didn't sell many.

Joe you buy yours or was it a sample?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small historical note. I am the one who sent the original design for the clipper to BD. I used one of those large BD fin carabiners with some holes drilled in the fin and lashed it to a slot in a thick plastic plate. I used it for a season then sent it in. I saw Belcourt a few months later and he came up with what you see today. Unfortunately, I destroyed the only carabiner like that that I had. I would love to have 6 or so on my rack. I may still have the original I made and will post a photo if I do.

JJ

• 3 months later...

I'd buy a couple to try them out, I had a BD ice clipper break on a climb and lost two lockers and a chunck of cordalette fortuanatly I found a decent way to make an anchor but on the other ice clipper I had both of my tools if I'd lost those it would have been another story. Good investment