• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
hikerwa

phoenix area climbing

If any one has any groovy climbing areas other than queens canyon around phoenix, I would be much obliged for any info. I'm headin' down south for a few days and am lookin' to do some climbin'.

Thanks,

Sean [HORSECOCK]

[ 08-15-2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: hikerwa ]

my only beta is to "take da monk' [big Grin] have a good trip bro and dont let the MAN get ya down...you know hwat i'm talking about... [Wink]

travel on down to tuscon, check out mt.lemmon for good routes, also check out any of the canyons northeast of town. good bouldering around the reddington pass area. keep an eye out for decaying logs, some have a nice little fungus growing on them.

There's a lot of climbing in and around Phoenix --Pinnacle peak (lots of sandbags), McDowell mtns, Camel mtn., . . . But it's hotter than hell in Phoenix in August. Even at night. The not-so-secret of summer-time Arizona climbing is to go high. I'd suggest either making a drive south to climb at elevation on Mt. Lemmon (the Reef of Rock, Rappel rock, the Ravens, or the Fortress), or drive north to climb at Paradise Forks, Oak Creek Canyon, Jacks Canyon, Winslow canyon, Granite mtn (might be closed?), or the Dells. These places are within a couple hours driving from Phoenix.