[TR] Lennox Mountain - Jokers and Prophets 12/13/2009

hanman

Trip: Lennox Mountain - Jokers and Prophets

Date: 12/13/2009

Trip Report:

Stephen P, Don H, and I took a nice trip to Lennox yesterday. Only a mile and 1/2 approach, but is rather brushy and lack of snow made the talus fields decidedly unfun. We all forgot cameras- sorry

The central flow was in excellent condition, approximately 50-60 feet wide, and all WI2-3+ for 1800 feet to the top. Really fun stuff, some of the best and most continuous we have ever seen in WA. We began rapping the route (trees)as the sun went down. Within about 400 feet of the bottom, we had the absolute pleasure of getting the rope stuck, and Mr. Packard was the hero of the day sent up to free it.

Luckily, our bootprints from the approach had been erased by 5" of new snow, and we spent many hours wandering aimlessly among the alders and talus. At last, we found some tributaries, and continued down until the Miller River drainage made itself apparent.

Needless to say, my wife was less than pleased, as I casually mentioned the day before that it was likely I'd be home for dinner :battlecage:

Great day out, 14 hours C:C

Thanks Guys!!!!

M.Hanna

This should be in Alpine Lakes- mod move?

Gear Notes:

Ice screws and rap tat

Approach Notes:

Classic bushwhack- short but sweet

Edited by hanman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys climbed the entire drainage from the bottom of the valley, where the boulder field is climbers left, to the hanging valley above (where the actual climbs are!) you did a new route.

The original Two Jokers and a Pair or Prophets climbed the central headwall only starting in the hanging valley, not the entire drainage from the bottom.