fixing polatrec material

kevino

So two questions...kind of related kind of not...

I have a pair of light softshell polatec gloves. I use and abuse these gloves and I've developed two holes in the finger tips..one really big, the other just starting. Any suggestions how to fix theses? or tricks? Seam seal plus some stiches or..?

Second, I have an Arc'Teryx MX Hoody, and it no longer has the water resistance it once had...any good way to try and rejuvanate it?

Thanks!

STOKE:

16735_1247372099119_1073911563_798341_8258851_n.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy new gloves...sewing them up and seam sealer aint going to make them "good enough" is my guess. Gloves are cheap (grand scheme of ice gear) and as you are learning I suspect... you'll want at least two pair of the same model if you fins one you like. I like having 3 pair of the same glove yo go through on a trip or just on one climb.

MX Hoody?....wash it and then only wash it ONCE a season.

I've put a can of Scotch Guard into mine end of the season and that seems to make it through till the end of next season.

Just make sure you do it outside!

Dru's comment "wash it with ReviveX", might well be a better solution. Also be worth calling Alteryx up on monday and asking them what they suggest. For a $400 jacket you would think they'd have a quick solution :)

Nice shaft!

What is the material in the fingertips?

I'm having the same dilemma - I just fixed my tips and other sections on my OR Extraverts (leather palm) and although my sewing job worked on those holes, the rest of the palm/fingers started to go on the last trip and now I numerous holes to fix, some very big. My glove is dying and that's just the circle of life.

I only wash my MX once a season, and it gets treatment with Grangers - they make one for softshells and Arcteryx reccomends it. Spray it on, throw it in the wash and dry with HEAT.

Partway thru the season if you notice the shoulders soaking (esp where packstrap abrades it) try wetting it down and tossing it in the dryer for 40 minutes, that does it for mine. I wear my MX at least 80 days a year and this works well, usually takes a couple trips to the dryer.