UL summer bag??

robpatterson5

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a (don't laugh) The North face Beeline with 850 fill down 30°F rating and is about 21oz so far so good. has some scary light shell fabric that only has a DWR finish on it though so I'm looking for a light bivy

I also picked up one of there new elephants foot half bags that has a w/b shell and just over a pound.

Vireo in eVent is the holy grail of minimalist mountaineering.

Great bag made by a great company.

Just used mine at 5/10F with a Mtn Hardware Compressor....while not what I would call toasty, I was able to just barely refrain from spooning my partner. I did get some sleep and didn't want to get out of the bag in the morning.

What more can you ask?

(and I wouldn't want to have to use it any colder than that!)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would bring this one up again as summer seems to be just around the corner, what do people normally wear/use with their UL bags in the spring/summer? I just bought a Viero and now am wondering what temperatures people use theirs to with different combination of clothing, bivys, pads, tents, ect?

Until now I've been useing a 2lb 20F down bag spring through fall, any advice going lighter?

Cheers,