Prusik Peak or anything in that neck of the woods?

Jordan

I have Friday-Sunday off 2-4th. I'd like to head out thursday night and grab a permit Friday Morning. I called the ranger up there and she said that they've been able to accomodate most people who have shown up. (I mean even worst case scenario we're "stuck" in Leavenworth and have to scrounge up some climbing there. haha) I'd love to spend the whole weekend wandering around the Enchantments, scrambling up Cannon or Little Annapurna or whatever we come across that looks fun. And if our fingers arent completely frozen, go up Prusik Peak. I'm open for variations or even a one day push if you're fit enough and dont have the time...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the ranger station today and they reported 5 inches of snow up there (Enchantments) with potential for more. Scrambling sounds like a safer bet than Prusik...though as previously stated the weather can do the unexpected up there. I'd love to be up there with the larch trees turning gold and some new snow...as long as Asgaard Pass isn't too slippery. I was up there last November and it was unpleasantly icy.

I climbed Prusik last october in less than ideal conditions...some snow on the ground/route/slab crux and some of the cracks were iced up. However the majority of the route was climbable despite the aforementioned problems. If anything it would be a fun adventure. There really isn't that much technical climbing on the west ridge.

n39203244_31726580_3757.jpg