Snare kits?

rmncwrtr

Any drummers out there? My son wants to play drums in homeschool band. I need to get him a student snare kit. I can rent one, but I found a Pearl student set that seems a reasonable price (cheaper than what renting for a school year would be) and has everything he needs. I have no idea what the decent brand names for students are though. My google searches aren't turning up much. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're aware that all those guide jokes (like: What do you do when an alpine guide knocks at your front door? Pay him for the Pizza) all originally started as drummer jokes, right?

Can't help with the snare kit, but I'd guess you'd be able to find something decent on Craigslist and be able to recoup your investment reselling it if doesn't take or when he's ready to move up. If he really wants it, you can't go wrong owning the instrument.

My kids went with sax & violin, and purchasing was the way to go.

Thanks Off_White. LOL on the guide/drummer jokes. I realized one of my FB friends from high school is now a band director near Olympia. He hooked me up with what I need know. One thing he did tell me is piano players make the best drummers. All three of my kids play the piano so maybe this won't be so bad.

My oldest has played violin and now flute. We rented the violin, but bought the flute. My six year old would like to play violin. Sure wish I would still had that one! Renting makes no sense, I quickly realized!

My daughter started violin at 9, and talking it over with her, I realized we rented to start with, which makes a particular sense if you're using a half or 3/4 sized violin. You could still purchase and resell, but I'd probably wait until you move up to a full size instrument, and by then you'll know whether you should spend the money on a nice one.

Its pretty darn cool when your kids find something they really love:

3942921845_6e16c84c91_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You're aware that all those guide jokes (like: What do you do when an alpine guide knocks at your front door? Pay him for the Pizza) all originally started as drummer jokes, right?

Why do drummers leave their drumsticks on the dashboard of their cars?

So they can use handicap parking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...