yosemite in september

gapertimmy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third pillar is awesome and supposedly committing on solid 5.9 with sparse pro. Be bold. Definitely classic with views of Mono Lake. The approach passes within 5 minutes easy walk of the top of the climb. Do yourself a favor and leave a couple of malted beverage treats at the top of the climb for when you finish.

erik, check a map and the waypoints will make sense. The kuna crest is a long slog (with Gibbs about 18 miles RT). If you inlcude penner satellite points as summits, you can get seven in a day though.

Glen

Once you get away from tioga lake, it is a pretty nice hike. The walk across the dana plateau is pretty enjoyable with sweet views. If you look to te NW from the pillar, there looks to be a wall with some pretty splitter cracks running up it. Probably some nice lines in there somewhere for someone who wants a FA.

There are some faults running through the area so the rock quality can go from perfect to perfectly chossy in a very short distance as you move away from the Pillar.

ascending the 3rd pillar jamming erfect hand size cracks one is almost so lost in a dream like state that placing pro becomes less and less of a priortiyand the moves inspire pure awe.....

the crux is trivial...if you don't like it move right ir left to the next dreamy crack.....

recommend repeat everytime you are near tioga pass.

the appraoch is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy mellow.....

glen, to my recollenction and speaking to t-meadows homies that wall has seen ascents...but who cares that stuff is sooo good looking you just climb the one that looks tastiest.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

I hope to get a quik trip in before school starts up again. But I'm not sure why anyone would want to go light on those silly mountains when you could endure the misery of hauling enormous loads up and down from El Cap...

hey, i'd be up for some hauling ... but i don't know if this trip will be the right time for that. [big Grin]

I hope to get a quik trip in before school starts up again. But I'm not sure why anyone would want to go light on those silly mountains when you could endure the misery of hauling enormous loads up and down from El Cap...

Erik ani't jokin about that jail thing. Warning: Stay out of Manure Pile parking lot after dark.

We got the third degree from a ranger in there ten minutes after smoking a bowl. I almost shit when she started pointing her light in my rig.

The next night at dusk we saw a group of climbers having all their packs searched by a drove of cops. Those rangers are out to bust you.