Who has skied this couloir?

Stefan

Just curious. I was out climbing Devils Tongue this past weekend and I saw this coulouir to the north of Tombstone. Probably has some good skiing on the direct opposite side into Perry creek too.

Who has skied this one? It is at the headwaters of Silver Creek.

P5300045.JPG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with the names devils tongue or tombstone, but it looks like this would be over near the mt. Spickard area, is that right?

That's right. The couloir is SE of Spickard and just north and west of peak 7895 (Tombstone). It is not wickedly steep....just kinda remote. It is glaciated...per the map. Just trying to find out who has done this thing and what kind of approach conditions they experienced.

You know?

Sorry, i don't have any information on it other than looking at the topo myself. It certainly is remote. It almost looks like descending the south side of Spickard to the other small pocket glacier, and traversing around to the top of the couloir in your picture would be the "easiest" way to access it, unless there is better access up Silver Creek than I know of. Even if that was possible, you'd be left climbing back up and out of the couloir you just skied. :)