Portland Area Ice this Weekend?

willstrickland

Anyone interested? The area I have in mind is currently showing temps of 22 deg at 5am. The approach is short, it's close to PDX, and will likely be maybe a few cragging pitches. These lines form from seeps, rather than a creek, so ice could be thin, non existent, and will likely have a quite a bit of snow cover. PM today before 3pm if interested. I'm thinking either day on the weekend.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Cody that depends on your definition of ice. Your more likely to get in some really scary dry-tooling but if anyone can find ice, herbs, or general debauchery in P-town, Will's the man. There have been rumors that from time to time the gorge has ice for short periods. In some cases you have a matter of hours to take advantage of the conditions. Anyhow, good luck to you gentlemen on your ice capades.

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:
Well Cody that depends on your definition of ice. Your more likely to get in some really scary dry-tooling but if anyone can find ice, herbs, or general debauchery in P-town, Will's the man. There have been rumors that from time to time the gorge has ice for short periods. In some cases you have a matter of hours to take advantage of the conditions. Anyhow, good luck to you gentlemen on your ice capades.

I was climbing the ice at ski bowel last weekend. It was way too warm but fun nonetheless. I'm sure its all melted out by now.

quote:

Originally posted by rbw1966:
I was climbing the ice at ski bowel last weekend. It was way too warm but fun nonetheless. I'm sure its all melted out by now.

Indeed, it's gone. I snowboarded SkiBowl yesterday and inspected the cliff up close...no climbable ice left.

[ 03-25-2002: Message edited by: willstrickland ]

quote:

Originally posted by Richard Pumpington:
Hey Will,

You going to warm up for your Yosemite trip withanother "onsight" ascent of the Reid Glacier Headwall?

Alright shithead, I'll bite on your troll. Even though you have said in the past that you don't fire unless fired upon (see Trask Anger Management seminar thread), you seem to be intent on messing with me. I see that you're a partner of my online feud bro Billy, ahh so that's how it works ehh. So be it, it's ON bitch.

No Dick, I think for Yosemite it would be much more conducive to practice my fist jamming technique...on your mom.

I'm glad you've enlightened us that you're the ripe old age of 36, that's good because I won't get arrested for child abuse when I open up about six cans of whup-ass on your head. Keep trolling,it suits you because you belong on a boat, in fact you belong on a ship...a pirate ship, to be precise a Butt Pirate ship. Go troll someone else jerky, you don't have what it takes to tangle with a witty redneck.