Lower mainland

glassgowkiss

Just drove around for the past few days showing my in-laws the area. Anyway this is what I could see:

NW Passage not in

As Seen on TV "in" from the highway

Mr Freeze and The Riddler are in (both looked phaaaaat)

Kryptonite not in

Sailor Bar Gully is in

Under the Big Top looked in, but I did not stop for a closer look.

It was getting dark, so I did not see well enough around Hope.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just drove around for the past few days showing my in-laws the area. Anyway this is what I could see:

NW Passage not in

As Seen on TV "in" from the highway

Mr Freeze and The Riddler are in (both looked phaaaaat)

Kryptonite not in

Sailor Bar Gully is in

Under the Big Top looked in, but I did not stop for a closer look.

It was getting dark, so I did not see well enough around Hope.

we too did some scoping today (marc and don). a few extra comments on the above:

TV looked huge, and the photo kinda confirms that - as jesse says, a tough lead tho! and 'another day' looked superb - nice tick, jesse, drew (and graham?)

marcus donaldson and nate (?) attempted the riddler today, but backed off in the face of very brittle conditions. let's hope these two climbs (riddler and mr freeze) don't melt out - great routes, seldom 'in'.

sailor bar gully is a bit snowy now. equipped raps set from trees on right - 3 X 40m.

scoped under the big top and water music - both sporting lots of ice, but also plenty of holes and 'strandiness' - i'd guess they also need a bit more time.

rob nugent and ade miller climbed 2 short pitches on the crucible (single 60m rap)- couldn't do the last 20m, but sounds worthwhile as the 'lite' version.

carlsberg was attempted, but also was found to be very brittle. it'll get better...

marble canyon offered plenty of fun, as usual.

will post bridge river comments separately.

cheers,

Edited by Don_Serl

Sumallo Bluffs - heavy snow cover, for instance Buszowski/kippan is completely loaded with snow and has 0% visible ice. Some recent avalanches have not fully scoured back down to ice yet. Raining lightly all day too! :tdown:

Nepopekum Falls and Go with the Flow both looked like vertical snowshoeing with only a few patches of blue ice visible on N. and about 15m of the steepest piller snowfree on GWTF. Slow trailbreaking on the 3 Falls Trail too with something like 1.5m of bottomless heavy snot- turned around near Derek Falls viewpoint once we'd had a good view of the ice.