Warning: Landslides

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does it obviously seem like a shoe in (shoo in) for Obama?

You might say that it appears this way based on the merits of the Obama campaign but isn't it just as much, if not more, based on the flaws of the McCain campaign, especially choosing Palin as the VP candidate?

As I see it, the Republican leadership cynically sees religion from a utilitarian position (for example, as described in Machiavelli's views on Savonarola). Someone pointed this out earlier that the Republicans use the religious base as a means to an end.

I suspect Obama will also appeal to the religious instinct by invoking a sort of civic religion, re: civilian service to the country.

Is it just me or does it obviously seem like a shoe in (shoo in) for Obama?

You might say that it appears this way based on the merits of the Obama campaign but isn't it just as much, if not more, based on the flaws of the McCain campaign, especially choosing Palin as the VP candidate?

As I see it, the Republican leadership cynically sees religion from a utilitarian position (for example, as described in Machiavelli's views on Savonarola). Someone pointed this out earlier that the Republicans use the religious base as a means to an end.

I suspect Obama will also appeal to the religious instinct by invoking a sort of civic religion, re: civilian service to the country.

Or maybe, just maybe, Obama's the right guy for the job and a few people have figured that out.

I don't think McCain could have done anything to win this election. Enough of the country just doesn't want that bullshit anymore.

Edited by tvashtarkatena