Democrats trying to scare America

mattp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama Ratchets Up Rhetoric, Moves Into GOP Turf:

Barack Obama ratcheted up his rhetoric against John McCain on Friday, accusing him of taking the "low road" to the White House as the Obama campaign attempts to defend its lead in critical battlegrounds across the country...

Florida Congressman Accused of Making Death Threat to Opponent:

Florida police are investigating an allegation that Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Fla., directed a death threat at his Republican challenger, Marion Thorpe, at a candidates forum on Thursday...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- With just days to go before Election Day, Sen. Barack Obama is warning his supporters that things are going to get unpleasant fast -- and that the race will come down to every last vote.

"Don't believe for a second this election is over. Don't think for a minute that power concedes anything. It's gonna get nasty, I'm sure, in the next four days," Obama told a crowd in Columbia, Missouri, on Thursday night.

October 31, 2008, 3:00 pm

Palin: Media Criticism of My Criticism = First Amendment Violation

Posted by Dan Slater

UPDATE: A WSJ colleague just sent over the Alaska Constitution. §5. Freedom of Speech: Every person may freely speak, write, and publish on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right.

What do you think, LB’ers? Does Palin have an argument?

12955.jpg
The resident's address is blurred here, but was not in the recent publication. Is this what you have in mind when you discuss a free press, Matt? The incitement of violence toward "non-believers"?

What are you saying here: That pictures of yard signs endorsing republicans are inciting balance?

12955.jpg
The resident's address is blurred here, but was not in the recent publication. Is this what you have in mind when you discuss a free press, Matt? The incitement of violence toward "non-believers"?

What are you saying here: That pictures of yard signs endorsing republicans are inciting balance? Say what?

Read the article, Matt. (Scroll down) Why would they post a private citizen's address?

Speaking of fear......

link

Life is tough.....

My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can’t cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduced her to a bundle of nerves.

My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium.

But it might get tougher.....

If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it’s not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets.

I'm still confused:

Do you think somebody is going to torch the guy's house for having yard signs endorsing Republicans?

Or do you honestly think calling Dino Rossi a vampire and asking if the reader can drive a stake through his heart is going to lead to someone trying to do it?

I'm still confused:

Do you think somebody is going to torch the guy's house for having yard signs endorsing Republicans?

Or do you honestly think calling Dino Rossi a vampire and asking if the reader can drive a stake through his heart is going to lead to someone trying to do it?

The topic is biased journalism, yes? The Stranger is clearly trying to intimidate private Seattle citizens who don't toe the line.

Maybe. I don't know what The STranger is trying to do. Maybe just printing a story about the election and being flippant as usual?

One thing, though, Palin is certainly trying to dampen media when she says this: Media Criticism of My Criticism = First Amendment Violation.

Maybe. I don't know what The STranger is trying to do. Maybe just printing a story about the election and being flippant as usual?

One thing, though, Palin is certainly trying to dampen media when she says this: Media Criticism of My Criticism = First Amendment Violation.

Is that last part a dodge? I don't believe she has ever suggested 1st amendment violations exist in the slanted media portrayals of she and her family. On topic, let's suppose you lived in a hard-majority Republican city or town. How would you feel if FoxNews ran a story about all of the pro-Democrat signs in your yard and posted your home address for all to see? Would that constitute intimidation? I believe it would.

The Stranger makes no pretense to objectivity under the leadership of a self-proclaimed "liberal homo" and is a 2rd rate weekly in a 3rd rate city? Fox News is multi-million dollar media conglomerate beamed into millions of homes and is so pathetically self-conscious of the well-known fact that it has nary a shred of journalistic credibility left that it actually needs to market itself as "fair and balanced"? Oh.

I'm still confused:

The topic is biased journalism, yes? The Stranger is clearly trying to intimidate private Seattle citizens who don't toe the line.

Comparing the Stranger to Faux News is so deliciously apropos.

You pick it up for the gay talk lines in the back, don't you?