Knuckle Problems

TimL

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar problem in my index finger, in the knuckle at the base of the finger. It would be fine while climbing, but two days later, it would swell and hurt so I could not curl it up all the way.

I kept trying to take it easy for a few days and it would always come back. In the end, I just stopped climbing. I took ibuprofen and iced it every day for a couple weeks, then just didn't climb for another month. Not climbing bummed me out then, but I haven't had any problem since, not even after a long hard day on the rock.

I'm totally bummed. Over the past month my knuckle on my left ring finger has been hurting pretty bad after climbing. At first I thought it might have something to do with the tendons but thats not the case. I've had tendon injuries before but this feels as if it might be the cartilage and bone on the top of the knuckle. Whats weird is it doesn't hurt while climbing. It only hurts and is swollen after cranking hard. Has anyone had this problem before? What did you do about it? Thanks. [big Drink]