Wanted: AT ski gear

joshs

I'm looking for some Diamir bindings (I or II, size M, hopefully mounted on some 170-180cm skis) and Garmont GSM G-Fit boots (size 28.0). Anyone know where I might find something like that? (Yes, I've been keeping any eye on ebay, but I haven't seen anything.)

Thanks,

-Josh

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you order Fritschi 2's from Telemark P, they will wind up costing about $220 with shipping and customs charges (what my wife paid to get me a pair from them). Black Diamond and many other retailers were selling them for $169 this fall to be more competitive with the euro sites. I suspect you might be able find a pair if you call around. If you have seen the new mountain gear catalog, there is a Titanal 3 model now. Not sure how it is different. Also, if you ever do any mountaineering with ski approach, you may want to consider getting the Silveretta 500 instead, since it accepts mountaineering boots.

I noticed that a lot of stores have (or had) the Diamir II's for $170, but now all they seem to have left are sizes S and L. I guess I waited too long [Mad] . Anyway, thanks for the advice.

iain, do the ski swaps usually have much AT gear? I got the impression most of them were just Alpine stuff. Are there any in particular you'd recommend?

Thanks,

-Josh

Corvallis Mountain Rescue and Santiam Ski Patrol put it on in Corvallis as a fundraiser, I would assume it is Willamette Pass SP and Eugene Mountain Rescue in Eugene. Not sure about that though. I have not been to one in awhile so I can't necessarily vouch for the selection (there's some stiff competition to get in the door early), but the cause is good.