Marley Crags

mattp

Speaking of fun crags (we're talking about Peekaboo in another thread), my buddies and I went to Marley Crags yesterday and found it well worth a visit. Has anybody else around here enjoyed that place?

The rock is really good and very different from anything else in Leavenworth.

0131s.jpg

The climbs are short and some folks will find the hike to be more than it is worth, but this is an interesting place that is generally overlooked.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just went to the first and second tier.

The hike was borderline no good with lots of downed trees and brush and debris making it difficult to see what we were walking on in places; I doubt it has improved any. That's why I say some might not think it worth it but I don't think it took more than 45 minutes (didn't time it).

went once. not sure why I never went back. except that if you hike anywhere else that long in the icicle or tumwater you can expect nice granitic exposures and time to climb those is always much more worth it when wasting time. anyrate, always thought the crags were well worth more visits. all tiers included. heard once the drive up the road approach saved some hiking but then I also heard it takes longer.

Any advise which way is better?

I went there about four years ago. We were climin and I saw a giant cougar coming up the gully after us, walking on the log we walked up, so we left. Then I went back about a month after that and climbed, then I found out where the coug sleeps. I won't ever go back there again.