Ah, leadership

Hugh Conway

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think it was because of stress. He wrote that note a few days before the operation began. He knew it was June. Can you imagine the weight he must have been feeling? Wow.

I think changing from a non-possessive "the troops have been withdrawn" to the possessive form of the action, "I have withdrawn the troops", says a lot about where he was making sure the blame was going to fall if the operation went down the toilet. You gotta commend the man.

I really think it was because of stress. He wrote that note a few days before the operation began. He knew it was June. Can you imagine the weight he must have been feeling? Wow.

I think changing from a non-possessive "the troops have been withdrawn" to the possessive form of the action, "I have withdrawn the troops", says a lot about where he was making sure the blame was going to fall if the operation went down the toilet. You gotta commend the man.

possessive? go get a drink, man. :-)

...and you, Nobrain13, and Proly would have been right here whining about those poor German boys who just wanted to lay down their rifles...and all the collateral damage done to the magnificent French countryside. No doubt our naval shelling and use of flamethrowers would have raised howls of blood on our hands from the likes of you, and Prole would be questioning the motivation of our soldiers doing the bidding of evil multinational corporations like Ford. The summary executions of German POW's with empty magazines would have you, no doubt, renouncing your US citizenship. :rolleyes: