wild country forged friends-age?

sklag

hey, I just got a rack from a friend at work and was going through the pieces... Have some forged friends, just wondering how to tell the age of these for trigger rebuild purposes? Wild country says there are batch codes, but I can't find them on these.

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that there have been a lot of technological advances since then, but for a piece of pro, would you use one if it weren't chewed and looked like shit, and guaranteed never dropped from any serious height? just curious if I should just pony up the cash or use the decent ones out of this batch?

Looks a lot like my rack.

Same with me, except mine are a bit more beat up than those. They are extremely durable if treated right. In fact, I just gave some extras to a bud that is building a rack.

So yeah, I'd definitely use them. You'll want to replace the slings, but that's cheap.

Yeah, all jokes about submitting them to me for testing aside, you should feel just fine about using those. As Curt mentioned, tie up some new slings, 1" tube in various colors for size identification and knotted up works just fine for cheap. I like a slightly longer sling than stock on those. I'm a tall guy, so the extra length on the rack is no big deal and I prefer the sling extension, but YMMV.

• 1 month later...
...1" tube in various colors for size identification and knotted up works just fine for cheap...

Gotta debate with O_W here, sklag...

Replace with perlon cord, or preferably kevlar cord (but don't retie after tieing the knot - kevlar will "brittle up" after repeated flexion) in the last hole ahead of the trigger slide slot, just like your friend has already done. This helps to prevent stem breakage when falling onto horizontal cam placements. Less leverage. I don't think you'll be able to get 1" tubular through that hole.

So? I've still got three of those on my rack, one with a fat replacement trigger bar I had to file flat on two sides to get it to fit. Besides, you're older than me donkey boy, you've probably still got an Eiger oval or two floating around in your gear.

Yeah Sobo, I hate it when the stems on my cams break, happens all the time, or did you mess up and think you were posting on Gunkswankers.com?

Yeah Sobo, I hate it when the stems on my cams break, happens all the time, or did you mess up and think you were posting on Gunkswankers.com?

Sorry d00d, don't be harshin' my mellow. I fuhk'd up and thought I was talking to scott/akhalteke after his latest trip to Looking Glass. It raised an "eyebrow" with me... :laf:

BTW, Happy Birthday, Quarry Boy! :wave: