Eatonville rock climbing

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lake cabin out near the cliffs. I've done some rock climbing there years ago. The rock is crap. Their are a few tr anchors (bolts) on some of the small cliffs below the large rim rocks. Go to fossil rock instead. Their is a little bit out at box car caynon 1/2 mile out of town.

I've heard rumblings about Elbe (I can't imagine where though)

and their is some rock climbing in MRNP.

good luck

OMG! Jens doesn't know about the new rock climbing area in Eatonville or the one going-in past Elbe or the most recent one going-in by Rainier (the town not the mountain) or Wilkeson?

The climbing area near Eatonville is a five minute walk in. Right on the river so you can swim off the rock ledge on a warm day. There are currently 12 routes and 4 projects. Its fun, but really short :(

The big Eatonville cliffs are not very steep and ledgey with a real live gun club at the bottem of the cliffs. There is an impressive cliff just past the big one that we worked on some - until we got side tracked at the Mitchele. Want more info shoot me an email and I may share a topo of the area.

the most recent one going-in by Rainier (the town not the mountain)

So does anyone know more info about this place (Off??) Sent a PM to JY and MF but no response. Anyone got their email address to try and get more info?

the most recent one going-in by Rainier (the town not the mountain)

So does anyone know more info about this place (Off??) Sent a PM to JY and MF but no response. Anyone got their email address to try and get more info?

Nope, I know nothing, though you could PM Lucky here, he's likely to be in the know. Makes me curious though. The Columbia Granite Quarry south of Rainier used to be an area before they restarted quarrying, but those routes are all blasted to flinders now, yours for just $25 per ton.

I bet the small Eatonville area is on the Mashel River, parking up at the curve at the top of the hill headed towards MRNP from Eatonville? Seems like I saw a couple pictures somewhere somewhen...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know there was ever a guidebook written for the Gun Club. Are you sure you didn't mean Fossil Rock?

Any event, both areas are open. Fossil - mountain bike in up road 1000. The Gun Club - head to the private camp up the second gravel road and park at the first gate on the right (don't block the gate) and walk the rest of the way in.