New to bellingham

OrganDonor

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a fair bit of climbing scattered in and around B'ham. As far as sport climbing is concerned, Mt. Erie, is about 40min. away and has some sport (and trad too). In B'ham there are routes here and there. Such as Boat Launch Wall and Governor Lister Cliff. There are also several top roping areas, including the Railroad Tracks and Sehome. Check out the B'ham rock climbing guide (out of print, but they have a copy at the WWU OC).

I will agree that the climbing around Bellingham isn't great. Yes, its all single pitch on mediocre sandstone. And that the climbing at Mt. Erie is no J-Tree or Squamish. But I'd say you are a bit cynical. The climbing might not be amazing, but when you have a couple hours in an afternoon, its better than nothing. Obviously if you have a weekend to climb you're not going to go to Erie or Boat Launch. Don't be so pessimistic.

Yeah, Erie really sucks, especially the views. The fucking bald eagles always keep me from really enjoying the sunset over the islands. Lame-o.

You know what else sucks? Riding your bike to Clayton Beach and bouldering in the sand. Never any WWU hotties down there, either. Ever.

To top it off, the 'ham has super schwaggy weed. That doesn't help the beach bouldering one bit.

Oh yeah, and squish is soooo far away.