• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
OrganDonor

New to bellingham

Anyone tell me where the good sport crags are?? I used to live in Bothell area, so x38 was were I normally climbed. Any sport crags around here like that. Not into to trad yet, so I need some bolted routes.

There's a fair bit of climbing scattered in and around B'ham. As far as sport climbing is concerned, Mt. Erie, is about 40min. away and has some sport (and trad too). In B'ham there are routes here and there. Such as Boat Launch Wall and Governor Lister Cliff. There are also several top roping areas, including the Railroad Tracks and Sehome. Check out the B'ham rock climbing guide (out of print, but they have a copy at the WWU OC).

There is essentially no climbing in Bellingham.

After driving and approaching, you can generally be at the base of a poor-quality single pitch route in about 60mins from town if you go to Mt. Erie.

I will agree that the climbing around Bellingham isn't great. Yes, its all single pitch on mediocre sandstone. And that the climbing at Mt. Erie is no J-Tree or Squamish. But I'd say you are a bit cynical. The climbing might not be amazing, but when you have a couple hours in an afternoon, its better than nothing. Obviously if you have a weekend to climb you're not going to go to Erie or Boat Launch. Don't be so pessimistic.

Yeah, Erie really sucks, especially the views. The fucking bald eagles always keep me from really enjoying the sunset over the islands. Lame-o.

You know what else sucks? Riding your bike to Clayton Beach and bouldering in the sand. Never any WWU hotties down there, either. Ever.

To top it off, the 'ham has super schwaggy weed. That doesn't help the beach bouldering one bit.

Oh yeah, and squish is soooo far away.