CiloGear pack

woodchips

I've got a Cilogear 45L worksack with a few little problems, and wondering if anyone else has had any luck getting repairs done. There is a tear in the pack fabric where one of the side straps attaches, and the hole where one of the extension sleeve drawstrings exits the pack is failing. The tear happened on my first trip out. Other than a few small complaints, I like the pack alot. The d-clips are great, and the pack carries really well (thanks to the moldable framesheet.) I think that some of the durability stuff may have been addressed in the new version of this pack.

I've tried email Cilogear a couple of times, and had no response. Anyone have any luck getting repairs done?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st gen pack also took a beating in a few 5.9 chimneys my first two trips using it and developed some tears. Graham replaced it free of charge with another when I documented the problems and brought his attention to it by email. The replacement pack has performed much more solidly and is overall the best pack I've ever owned. Keep trying him, I'm sure he'll help you out.

i second what the other folks have said. graham is very good about repairing stuff, and is normally good about getting back to you when the OR show isn't in progress. I sent him my pack and he got it just before leaving for the OR show - so he let me know he probably wouldn't be able to get to it until he was back.

I'm still in SLC, and I'm flying back to NYC tonight.

I slept 15 hours last night, and I'm only awake to get some stuff mailed home and get on the plane.

I've got something like 200 unread, unresponded emails.

I'm only mentioning the above as an explanation that I am a wee bit behind in communication and I will be getting on top of it tomorrow.

Also, I can't really write or speak in complete sentences yet.

This tradeshow involved me breaking a guy's nose (he literally begged for it, details to follow), my employee going into anaphylaxis when I was giving the pitch to Paul Fish of MGear (who is probably still wondering where I went / why I suddenly disappeared) and a host of other strange and interesting events.

I slept 15 hours last night, and I'm only awake to get some stuff mailed home and get on the plane.

Also, I can't really write or speak in complete sentences yet.

This tradeshow involved me breaking a guy's nose (he literally begged for it, details to follow), my employee going into anaphylaxis when I was giving the pitch to Paul Fish of MGear (who is probably still wondering where I went / why I suddenly disappeared) and a host of other strange and interesting events.

Dayum, the last time I hung out with Graham in SLC we went to the movies and I think had dinner.

Looks like I picked the wrong OR show to skip....!

Graham's broken nose story is a CLASSIC! He literally did break a guys nose ON PURPOSE at the show.

Don't mess with Graham. Buy his packs and like em or else he'll fuck you up.

As for his packs. His 65L is hands down the shizzzit for longer trips into the pickets, carries better than anything, doesn't weight anything, and climbs really well. He pays attention to people's feedback and actually makes changes based on that feedback. Find that anywhere else! He made some great changes on his pack right after I got mine, and he called the closest repair shop and had it all set up for me to get it fixed. Best customer service EVER!!!

I had a chance to check out his new line of summit packs, and smaller than my 65L packs...made of of the regular lightweight material and the ultralight dynema (spectra?) material. Both were perfect and I want one!!!! The dyneema pack is actually very reasonably priced.

Thanks so much for being the one to finally make a good pack with the materials...Cold Cold World and Wild Things were sweet, but behind the times these days, and although BD makes some pretty good shit, Cilogear goes the extra mile and it's worth it!

The TR is linked to over in the TR section.

We've had a horrible time getting these packs into the country. The V3 packs are currently in Turkish customs, and we've been working to get them released for almost two weeks now. Since the materials arrived in Turkey for the production, we've changed our official address here in New York, and the Turkish customs folks have been extremely hard to deal with: they want to have the invoice made out to our old address, and of course, US customs will not accept any shipment made to our old address. That said, I actually do expect that the packs will make the flight tomorrow or Thursday.

When Layton writes "65" he means "60".... ;)