Please send good vibes to Rob

cassie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Rob!! Sorry to hear about your Dengue fever, but it looks like you're getting better already. Getting sick in a foreign country could be quite unnerving, at least you had your dear ones with you in such an unfortunate time. Hope you make it back ASAP.

I climbed with Dan on Sunday for the first time since our rained out trip in Spring. We were talking about you.

PS: BTW, the word "dengue" (as it sounds) means f**k in the slang of one of the South Indian languages. Along those lines,

hope you didn't get dengued too badly by the dengue fever :laf: .

I was enough of a pain in the ass for them to finally kick me out of the hospital, so now I'm resting until my flight leaves on the 14th. Luckily, I think that's just enough time to catch malaria.

Luckily for you if you do catch malaria, you probably won't feel it until you get home, it is up to about 7 days +/- incubation period.

I was enough of a pain in the ass for them to finally kick me out of the hospital, so now I'm resting until my flight leaves on the 14th. Luckily, I think that's just enough time to catch malaria.

Luckily for you if you do catch malaria, you probably won't feel it until you get home, it is up to about 7 days +/- incubation period.

First off Rob, Glad to hear you're on the mend. Dengue sucks.

But if you present with any symptoms in the next few days, get checked for Malaria. The concurrent Dengue and Malaria is a miserable experience and is getting more and more popular, and you'll never see the end of it. Talk to a doc in Thai about getting on a plasmodium killing drug...

Good luck, and travel safe!