need new climbing boots any advice?

XXX

So here is the deal. I have been using Khoflacs(sp?) for a very long time, probably 8 years. I have used them for everything ranging from glacier travel to ice climbing. Their heavy and I hate them, but they are warm!

I was using the trango S for awhile but for some reason they hurt my toe. arghhh.

Right now I am thinking of purchasing the La Sportiva Glaciers (they are black you have probably seen em) OR the LA Sportiva Trango S evo. What would you suggest? I am just looking for something that is light and versatile for alpine/glacier/alpine ice. I know this sounds silly but the Glaciers just look cool and sexy =) Any ideas?

T :grin:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trango S and trango S evo will most likely fit exactly the same, because they are molded from the same last. the glacier will probably fit slightly different and has a chance of not hurting your toe. that said, you could just go a half size up in the trango s evo as well.

that is true, I could go up half a size. However I notice when I wear looser boots ice climbing it does not feel good on my feet. Feels like they may fall off hehe. I may try the glaciers. Anyone here have the glaciers? What you think?

the new RSS Glacier does not have the toe bail. (special orderable perhaps?) I got a pair this summer and the break in time was very long, but I have no complaints. They have a large(medium-wide) toe box as far as I can tell. They are on the heavy side but I did daily trail work for 2 months in them and they hike a hell of a lot better than Koflac plastics. You will appreciate the full leather durability.