Rainier Nov 20-21

CascadeClimber

Edit: Looking at Nov 20-21, or 23-24 now. Forecast is good for 20-21, so leaning that way. Gib Ledges if it is in shape. Planning to leave Seattle around Noon Tuesday.

Looking for a Rainier partner for Nov 10-11 or Thanksgiving weekend (just not Thanksgiving day). Flexible about route.

L

Edited by CascadeClimber

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CC,

I am 'good to go' and give some route a whirl.

Newly returned to the area but I've been up the Disappointment cleaver before - never with visibility though - this wkd doesn't look better for viz either.

I could drive south from Everett- Friday evening for a car pool/bivy and early start - if you want to give it a try.

best contact by phone 425 374 8315 or riddell30@gmail.com

Peace,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

We went up and experienced unpleasant winds and lots of wallowing. There was a 3" wind crust on top of 18-36" of sugar. We had to crawl up the slope below the beehive to make forward progress. With weather moving in and a lenticular overhead, we decided to bag it at 11,500' just as we were about to gain the slope to the entrance of the ledges. After getting back to Muir the winds picked up to 45MPH sustained gusting to 60. We were glad we made the right decision. Thanks to Loren for driving and being a great partner. Despite not summitting, we still had a great time and burned off some turkey to boot.