Recommended Washington State Ice Guides

jared_j

I'm looking to put together a water ice climbing clinic for a Seattle - based climbing club (The Bushwhackers). Most of the expertise in the club is with more general glacier climbing, rock climbing, and skiing - thus the interest in employing a guide.

If you have a particular recommendation for a professional guide in the region, I'd be grateful to hear about them and your experience. If you've had a negative experience with a particular guide, I'd like to hear that, too.

If you're a guide and looking for work, I'd be game to hear your pitch, and would be more receptive to your pitch if you could provide client references.

Minimal thread drift is appreciated; please spare me the "hell, I could teach you to friggin' ice climb!" - type responses.

Edited by jared_j

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right on bushwackers. It's great to see a club thinking about hiring experienced guides. Not that there aren't experienced climbers in the clubs too. I was climbing with someone last weekend who had hired Jason and thought he was great.

• 1 month later...