Mount Index info request

Panos

Let's put an end here. Buckaroo, Sobo and Ivan gave useful responses. Than you guys. Forecast gives sleet up there tonight, the gully is wet and the days are short ... I think I will leave the traverse for next summer or find a partner and give it a go if we get good winter conditions later in the season. Enjoy your weekend.

www.atmos.washington.edu/~panos/personal.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

What do you mean "nice work", I didn't see anything about Index down at the bottom of that solo resume!

I like your style, Panos. Just saw your recent posts. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm moving and I have a 10 year old 11~mm rope and a bunch of climbing equipment from ebay (including all of my sport draws!) hanging happily in my closet, I think we would really enjoy climbing together. Maybe we can meet up in the alps sometime when we're on vacation.

Okay,

a follow-up is necessary to close the topic (for now at least). That weekend I actually drove in the middle of the night and hiked up to lake Serene in the dark prepared for a tough climb. Ironically, in the very first light the mountain looked already quite white - the NF bowl was 50% snow covered and going up was out of discussion for me in those conditions. Ironically too, I did not even have a pair of boots to do the normal ascent to the main peak - I was prepared for rock and turned back wiser! It was a clear day that Saturday and I ended up at the Index town wall.

Obsessions are good because they force you to go back, and I cannot help it.

Edited by Panos