Portland area ski resort opinions?

theo

Can anyone give me advice about Portland area ski parks? I'm excited about the upcoming season, and would love to hear pros and cons of nearby resorts. I'm an intermediate skier who and spends most of my time on tougher blue, easier black, only occasionally playing in the bumps.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timberline is the oldest and most classic. Has the longest season too, as in most of the year. Deeper snowpack here too, and usually colder. It can be raining at Meadows and snowing here.

Meadows has the most varied terrain and fastest lifts. Buy a 4 x 4 pass to save big$ link

Ski Bowl is great when it's cold. Closest resort to PDX, slow lifts, and less terrain, but some steep stuff. Cheaper than the rest, but wetter as it's lowest.

Go with Meadows (best) or Timberline (next best). For park skiing, both have ski/snowboard parks if thats what you mean.

SkiBowl is way fun, when it's cold enough, which was really often last year. Really fun terrain, and if you go on a powder day you can hike back along the Tom Dick and Harry Ridge to get to great untouched lines... Meadows isn't worth the extra 1/2 hour drive, and extra $$$, in my opinion.