Are You Drugged?

dmuja

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..August 21st found out my blood sugar was high and am now taking meds for that daily.

How can they make rye whiskey with little/no sugar?

Unless yr a juicer (Chronic Alchy) Id be looking at my diet a little more than the Whiskey.

Given what has become the "normal" diet for the average person today (overall we consume about 25% more sugar in the last twenty years on average, and an amazing 27X more than what was likely the average circa 1890) its no wonder that high blood sugar and pre-diabetic conditions are so common.

Our diet today is poinsening us in so many ways and leading to (increase in allergies etc?) the quick fix solution which is like playing russian roulette. Our common solution to upsetting our natual healthy chemistry with a bad diet and no excersize is to try to chemically counter the effects. This being so prevalent as an attitude just seems like the wrong approach imo.

I wonder how a low glycemic index diet w increase H2O and excersize program would impact your "need" for the meds? Maybe youve already tried that though.

Like Bill Maher said the other night: "Hillary's health plan contains the word 'drugs' fourteen times. 'Diet and exercise,' once...just as the pharmaceutical companies wanted it."

Unbelievable. :noway::tdown:

Hey wait a minute here...

Do we really want the government in our lives this way? Now they are the nanny who has to tell us over and over again that we need to eat right and move around? I don't think that is their responsibility, is it?

I want my health plan to cover my docs and my meds. I'd like it if it (or my company) would help with my gym membership--or at least let me use my FSA/HSA to pay for it. But I don't need them telling me that I shouldn't get fat--especially after they deduct part of my pay check.

Do we really want the government in our lives this way? Now they are the nanny who has to tell us over and over again that we need to eat right and move around? I don't think that is their responsibility, is it?

If the gov't is going to manage health care, and I'm gonna help pay for it then, yes, I want the government to tell lardasses to exercise and eat better. That's a big part of the reason people have health problems in the US, and costs are rising.

Like Bill Maher said the other night: "Hillary's health plan contains the word 'drugs' fourteen times. 'Diet and exercise,' once...just as the pharmaceutical companies wanted it."

I want my health plan to cover my docs and my meds. I'd like it if it (or my company) would help with my gym membership--or at least let me use my FSA/HSA to pay for it. But I don't need them telling me that I shouldn't get fat--especially after they deduct part of my pay check.

Given that the "we bear the costs of your behavior, so we have the right to regulate it" argument has brought us compulsory seat-belt and helmet laws, it's not a stretch to imagine that there are those who would seek to use the same argument to grant the government the right to do the very things that you mention. Whether the government would actually do so is an open question, and it would be interesting to learn more about how other countries have managed to reconcile the imperative to cut costs with the necessity of maintaining personal freedoms that might be curtailed or regulated by the state - from what you eat to what you weigh.

I'd have no problem with a private company rewarding healthy behaviors with lower premiums, and punishing unhealthy ones with higher rates, but placing a coercive power of this magnitude in the hands of the state seems fraught with quite a few more risks.

Given that the "we bear the costs of your behavior, so we have the right to regulate it" argument has brought us compulsory seat-belt and helmet laws, it's not a stretch to imagine that there are those who would seek to use the same argument to grant the government the right to do the very things that you mention. Whether the government would actually do so is an open question, and it would be interesting to learn more about how other countries have managed to reconcile the imperative to cut costs with the necessity of maintaining personal freedoms that might be curtailed or regulated by the state - from what you eat to what you weigh.

I'd have no problem with a private company rewarding healthy behaviors with lower premiums, and punishing unhealthy ones with higher rates, but placing a coercive power of this magnitude in the hands of the state seems fraught with quite a few more risks.

Do those other countries with health care have as many lardasses as we do?

The one thing I'd like to see included in health care coverage is the LAP band (I may be writing this wrong) thingy. It's easy and it helps people. But endlessly covering all the meds req'd to keep a fat person alive (certain diabetes, blood pressure meds, etc etc) is unfair to the system. As you know, some other countries manage their costs by not just giving everybody every procedure and med they ask for. Rationing healthcare is reasonable.

And I agree 100% with your second paragraph. Smokers had to pay more. Fatties should have to pay more.

Oh, and tax the shit out of unhealthy, worthless junkfood just like they tax cigs.

I'm not sure, but that seems kind of immaterial with respect to my concerns about what could happen when the expenses associated with unhealthy behaviors give the government the motive, when it already has the means (nationalized health care) to prohibit a broader scope of behavior which harms no one other than the individual who engages in it (I realize that we're already there with regards to drug policy, but I don't see this as an argument for expanding these powers).

I'm sure that they have a higher percentage of smokers, so it would be interesting to see how they address that in their policies.

The one thing I'd like to see included in health care coverage is the LAP band (I may be writing this wrong) thingy. It's easy and it helps people. But endlessly covering all the meds req'd to keep a fat person alive (certain diabetes, blood pressure meds, etc etc) is unfair to the system. As you know, some other countries manage their costs by not just giving everybody every procedure and med they ask for. Rationing healthcare is reasonable.

And I agree 100% with your second paragraph. Smokers had to pay more. Fatties should have to pay more.

Oh, and tax the shit out of unhealthy, worthless junkfood just like they tax cigs.

I couldn't agree more.

I find it bizarre and funny that the side-effects of some medications seem worse than what they're treating. Pretty ridiculous.

are you talking about radiation therapy or something else?

the treatment for cancer is as nasty as the disease.... but most medication if given to someone with a disease actually help. the trouble is when medication is given to someone who doesn't have the disease. or any disease... i find that we are an over medicated society. people want a pill to resolve everything. most things need time and healthy habits. IMHO