Hot Tip of the Week

mattp

If your rock shoes are too big, try wearing them on the wrong feet.

This past weekend I went climbing with two left shoes because in all the excitement of going climbing I had packed up one left shoe from each of two pairs, one pair that fit properly and one that had stretched beyond acceptable performance. As it was a hot day and my feet were swelling, I found the too-big-wrong-foot shoe was actually more comfortable and it seemed to perform OK. I could stand on the inside of the toe, where the fit was relatively tight because the longer side of my foot was in the shorter side of the shoe, and the outside of that foot was loose and comfy. Maybe I'll use those stretched out shoes that way on purpose from now on -- wear them on the correct feet on an all-day climb but switch shoes for the crux pitches.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothin' new with dat. Hamish Fraser led the crux pitch of U wall wearing EBs on the wrong feet when he was 15 or something... he was too poor to be able to afford resoles so he just switched the feet so his worn out inside edges became outside edges... he soloed Beckey-Chouinard same deal...