United States of Lardasses

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 12 years in IT I have worked one weekend (half a Saturday), and never more than 50 hours in a week. You gotta stand your ground.

Does that 50 hours a week include spray time?

I bet you're good for 35... maybe 40 of actual work :grlaf:

Actually, most people who whine about 60, 80, and 100 hour weeks in IT aren't really working all that time.

It's all about efficiency and meeting expectations. If I can do more than the next guy in half the time - that's to my benefit. And it's not hard with so many idiots in the industry. :wave:

I also get a lot more done in a shorter period than others. I've also learned to just ignore the bullshit that they tell you to do that doesn't really help anything along. I just don't do it. But I also feel that pressure thing that you may have felt at some places too...that you can't leave before any of the people who work for you or that you have to put a lot of "face time" in.

I also get a lot more done in a shorter period than others. I've also learned to just ignore the bullshit that they tell you to do that doesn't really help anything along. I just don't do it. But I also feel that pressure thing that you may have felt at some places too...that you can't leave before any of the people who work for you or that you have to put a lot of "face time" in.

I find ways to get in that "face time" and get other crap done. I'm subversive and sneaky. :-)

In 12 years in IT I have worked one weekend (half a Saturday), and never more than 50 hours in a week. You gotta stand your ground.

Does that 50 hours a week include spray time?

I bet you're good for 35... maybe 40 of actual work :grlaf:

Actually, most people who whine about 60, 80, and 100 hour weeks in IT aren't really working all that time.

It's all about efficiency and meeting expectations. If I can do more than the next guy in half the time - that's to my benefit. And it's not hard with so many idiots in the industry. :wave:

what ever company you work for i would like to work there. I don't know about any one else but i work for a multi national corperation and i walk into my office at 5 am with my In box already stuffed. I am not even in IT and i could work 1000 hours a week and never see the end of the work that needs doing.

I don't think you have enough projects on top of your regualre work load. i can fix that for you if you like.

p.s. i almost never post when i am at work.

what ever company you work for i would like to work there. I don't know about any one else but i work for a multi national corperation and i walk into my office at 5 am with my In box already stuffed. I am not even in IT and i could work 1000 hours a week and never see the end of the work that needs doing.

I don't think you have enough projects on top of your regualre work load. i can fix that for you if you like.

p.s. i almost never post when i am at work.

There's always more work to do, and if upper management short-shrift on staff, always way too much work for existing personnel. Par for the course, but you don't have to play along. It's like that in many technical jobs - less so these days, because there's only so much a person can take of that.