[TR] South Early Winters - Passenger Route 7/15/20

TeleRoss

Trip: South Early Winters - Passenger Route

Date: 7/15/2007

Trip Report:

Climbed the Passenger Route on SEWS last Sunday...wow...what a great route!

Frosty's description from last year is spot on. The base of the route is a bit tricky to find...basically drop down the large gully instead of descending right next to the wall and you'll have no trouble...the start of the first pitch is pretty obvious once you're in the right spot.

Awesome steep wall with splitter cracks, a few roofs, and some tough slab climbing, all on clean bomber rock....definitely one of the best routes I've climbed up at WA Pass....people should be getting on this one! Classic!

:rawk:

We did it in 7 pitches.

I thought the grades that Frosty gave were right on, but the first pitch is a stout 10d

pith ratings:

10d

11a

11a

11c

10b

10d

have fun on this one!

Edited by TeleRoss

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were up there on Sunday AM trying to climb LC but bailed due to early morning rain showers and bug issues. No joke, I've never seen mosquitoes like that, belaying would have been impossible without a bug net on the first pitch. Just curious, how did the weather shape up for the rest of the day? Did it rain anymore on Sunday?

Fuck...the bugs were horrendous! Thankfully I think the showers in the morning kept them down a bit, but good god...hahahahaa.

Yeah, we waited out the showers, thought about bailing, but waited at the base of the route for a while. We finally started climbing about 11 or so.

The weather totally cleared out after we started up and ended up being a beautiful day, with mild temps and off and on sunshine.

:tup: